Sunday, November 17, 2013

THIRTY SECONDS TO MARS - City Of Angels

I absolutely love this music video. Thirty Seconds to Mars has created something so true, not just the glitter and glam that most people imagine. For the short time I lived in LA I fell in love with the place. I fell in love with the creativity flowing everywhere, diversity, challenges, obstacles, inspiration, everything. Since the first time I visited Los Angeles I knew that Los Angeles was going to be my home. Yes when I visited I was able to go to a Rodeo Drive party, eat at fancy restaurants with impeccable food and do all the tourist things when I visited this "City of Angels" but that wasn't the reason I fell head over heels in love with Los Angeles. I fell in love with the opportunity to make something of myself. There I was at 21 years old, living in a horrible apartment in a bad part of downtown LA, and I still loved it. I loved the good, the bad, the ugly. I remember people would complain about background acting and the small parts, but I was so fascinated by everything. I was very fortunate to have the opportunities presented to me. One thing that is very unfortunate is that I didn't realize was this city was my home and happy place. I moved back to my hometown to continue my schooling. I don't regret the decision I made to move back home at all. That is the decision that has made me realize how lucky I was and am. This decision also made me realize if I want something, the only person that will make it happen is myself. I am the only one who controls my future. Although I do not know what UC I will be attending in a year, I know that I will end up in Los Angeles. I love the City of Angels. It holds my heart and I look forward to moving back.

No comments:

Post a Comment