Thursday, November 7, 2013

Why You Should Travel

Every travel I have taken has made a impact on me in some sort or another.  Traveling does the heart, body, mind and soul good. So the question is why travel?


Travel to spark your creativity.
Anyone with a creative mind understands being inspired is a huge part of moving forward. Travel allows you to see, feel, hear, taste new things. All these new things can inspire you not just in that given moment but for the future. Every time I travel I easily come home with 100 dress designs in my sketch book. Every time my mom travels she gets inspired to add something new to her kitchen. So go travel and get that creativity flowing.


Travel to learn about different cultures.
This summer I worked at a summer camp in Running Springs, CA with about 80% of the staff coming from Australia, 15% from England and 5% Americans.  Although I didn't travel anywhere but CA, I was emersed into a different culture and I loved it. I learned about how special tea was in England and what makes tea a good tea. I learned that what we as Americans call things aren't always what other places call things. An example is a jacket here is called in a jumper in Australia. It is great to see something different and learn, so travel.


Travel to remind you of your dreams.
Sometimes we get stuck in a certain place for so long it becomes acceptable. Don't stay stuck in your bubble, travel and remember what you want for you, not for anyone else. I travel to LA about once a year to remind me of where I want to be and what I want to do. This keeps me motivated to do everything in my power to be in LA and make it. Travel to remind you of what you can have if you really want or wanted it.




Travel can bring you closer to friends. 
One night one of the girls invited us to this party 45 minutes, which is rediculously far in my book for a party. So we went. That night we all drank a little too much and talked to people we probably wouldn't have sober, but that night I invited a girl on my cheer team who I really didn't know to a road trip I was planning and she said yes!After the road trip all of us were always hanging out, till this day four years later we are all still friends and I became closer with the other girls too.


Just Do It.
The trip doesn't need to be planned for months in advance and a schedule of what you will be doing and at what time. Just go. If someone call you up and says there's a concert this weekend four hours away that you should go to then go! Those are some of the best trips I have been on. You will never get these chances again, so you go and make some amazing memories and let go of that stress you have been dealing with at work or home.


Some pointers for traveling
If you go to www.southwest.com early enough you save so much on your ticket if you get the "Wanna Get Away" tickets you save about 50% of the regular value, plus with Southwest you can check in two bags for free.

Make sure to get on Groupon and Living Social while you are traveling. These are discount sites with everything from food to activities being about 70% off.

In LA and NY you can attend TV shows for FREE! Go to on-camera-audiences.com to reserve your ticket.

Right now I'm planning a trip to New York this summer!
NOW GO TRAVEL!

No comments:

Post a Comment